Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 3

Talked with both the foreman and contractor... clarifying what we'd like to keep safe... toilet and sink from 1/2 bath... sink hardware from other bathroom ...  we talked about the floors... and meeting with a interior decorator to talk through style and ideas... to make sure we don't mess things up... we have a good idea of materials we want to use... and the color palette... but I think we're struggling to put a name to what we're wanting the house to feel and look like.... a modern craftsman? ... clean lines... with some simple charm... w a dash of detail work... 

O and I think I've come to the (same) conclusion... Tim came to about 3 months ago...  I'm ready for the woodwork to go WHITE....

Now for the day's photo update... 

(no our house isn't falling over... it's my iphone paying games with me... )

Can you tell what's happened?
Our entire foundation for the master is GONE.  And the piece that will connect the basement to the inside... is... chipped away... perfect!

Tomorrow... they go inside... 

Side note: 
As I took this photo... I heard police sirens... a really really low helicopter... I ask a friend of our resident gang affiliate what was up... but he didn't feel like talking to the white girl...
as I left... they had closed down el molino... and I saw MORE cops then I've seen in our hood... like 12+ ... at least 4 cars... and a fire truck... 
man... I kinda miss the excitement of livin' in the hood... 
wondering what happened... 

No comments: