Friday, February 13, 2009

Week 25/26: while we were away...





While we vacationed... Kellie helped to make sure things ran smoothly... what a HUGE relief it was to be able to have someone in town... more or less... to keep an eye on things... I don't think I've ever texted one person soo much in a week... but it was the perfect form of communication... :) especially with the time difference...














While we were gone...
Rafee installed the sinks & countertops for both bathrooms and kitchen & figured out how to get the farm sink to work with the wrong type cabinet...
Reed finished his work with the crown molding, baseboards, door trim/jams, closets and hung all doors... cut misc holes for electrician...
Jose continued to work on painting the interior... (it has taken 3 guys almost 2 weeks to get about 75% done... it would have taken tim and I years... )
Felikians installed carpet in the three bedrooms...
Sears delivered the cooktop & downdraft vent...
The driveway became a crazy mudpit prefect for wrestling!


We're exactly two weeks away from moving in!!!
As you might know ... I was hoping to move in this weekend... but... the floors must sit... for 2-3 weeks minimum ... bah...

It's just amazing even with all the dust and miscellaneous wood parts and junk around... that it still really looks like home... I'm sooo excited to move back in... fill our pantry... enjoy our new living spaces...

Anyone interested in helping us empty the POD should save SATURDAY February 28th!
:)

4 comments:

Jennifer Lynch said...

It's looking beautiful!! Great job! Almost there...

Kellyry said...

I see, I see! It's going to be gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Sarah! Wow, the house looks amazing! I hadn't visited your blog in awhile -- how exciting that it is almost done! I think I can even identify which is room is which, but it is SO different! In time for the new babe, too. BTW, loved that photo you sent out.
XOXO Amanda

Pauly Heller said...

... this is JJ typing from Pauly's computer...

I can't tell you how much I LOVE all the woodwork painted white. It just brightens everything up and looks so clean and homey.